Saturday, September 08, 2007

 

Clean-up

Was cleaning up and organising my things, then found 2 old spectacles that I had...goodness...so long ago le, still kept them in my cupboard. The black frame definitely was for the army-trainee days...frameless...cant rem, shld be either in jc or in uni days...









Cleaning up is never a process of just being a physical doing. It's more like reliving a past or several pasts depending on the amount of stuff and area that is involved.

Finding something like in this case the spectacles brought me to wonder when I had them, and the kind of encounters they went through with me and what they have seen and aided me to see when they were worn on me previously.

Memory banks come to life vividly again when you thought you had left them all behind. It's just like now, keeping and stashing away some things into boxes or into certain corners, we are putting certain pasts and events to be stored in memories.

Those that were 'vindicated' to the trash bags or bins would be pasts that needed to be forgotten - thrown away. Do we really need those anymore? What if one day down the roads again we remember them again and want them? Is it gone forever then?

Found certain pics and saw certain faces...some of them you wonder where they are now and how the previous linkage is now a mere acquaintance or remembrance. Some which you held on so dear are now strangers. One neo-print which should had been stashed with its 'own category' somehow was not with its 'own category' and it dropped out right into my palms with another pic...I wonder if such is the encounter or workings of fate...fate in the past that duno-y-I-did-not-stash-it-with-its-others so that now it came falling into my hands and sight again...

Played one CD which I bought almost 10 years ago as I was cleaning up...an imported CD...and on a particular song it skipped track...has age caught up even with a piece of plastic...that is suppose to be durable and lasting?

I believe that a tidy and neat room/place reflects a person's life. My room is neater once again but there is more cleaning up to go. May such reflections of my life and such reflection of thoughts and memories come forth dearer with the rest of the cleaning up.

Comments:
tidying up is a therapeutic way to let go of emotion baggages..
is also a way for u to relive those happy moments.
whatever it is, tidying up means u are ready to get rid of things which are not so-impt-as-before, ready for others things to fill up the room with the more impt stuff u deem fit now.. =)
 
Buddy when u coming to my house and help me clean up?? hehe
 
floffy: yea lor, but i need alot of real spaces to put in those stuff ah!! and the memory-banks, need to open more vaults liao

buddy: aha!! u posted!! u got gf now, no need i help u lor =P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?